College and Career Pathways
The Pasadena Unified School District was selected by ConnectEd: the California Center for College and Career and funded by the James Irvine Foundation as one of nine school districts in the state to implement a system of College and Career Pathways. The Pasadena Educational Foundation is the recipient of the $1.175 million grant.
Of the approximately 5,745 students in grades 9‐12 in 2009-10, approximately 1,600 PUSD students were enrolled in pathway programs.
John Muir High School
· Arts, Media and Entertainment
· Business and Entrepreneurship
· Engineering and Environmental Science
Pasadena High School
· Creative Arts, Media & Design
· The App Academy
· Law and Public Service
Blair High School
· Health Careers
STUDENT RESULTS: All students graduate prepared for success in college and career.
- raise student achievement
- increase high school completion and postsecondary transition
- reduce high school dropout rates
- produce graduates prepared to meet our local workforce needs in key industry sectors
PATHWAY QUALITY: All students have access to a system of eight pathways and at least two‐thirds of PUSD high school students participate in pathways that provide a rigorous and relevant curriculum that links state standards to industry standards and prepares students for success in postsecondary education and career.
BUSINESS AND COMMUNITY SUPPORT: A sustainable broad‐based community coalition of business and civic leaders exists to provide support for and monitor college and career pathway implementation and align them to the local economic and workforce development needs.
Vision for Success
The success of this initiative is critical for our students, for our local economy and for our community's overall prosperity and depends on effective collaboration between business, institution and organization partnerships for the Linked Learning pathways and work with the schools to integrate the new partnerships into the pathways with an outcome of improving academic achievement and expanding postsecondary options for all PUSD students.
To find out about the variety of ways partners can support PUSD College and Career pathways please contact one of our Pathways Business Liaisons.
Cyrice Griffith | Pathway Business Liaison | 626-396-5600 x82011
- Arts, Entertainment & Media Academy
- Visual Arts & Design Academy
- Graphic Communications Academy
- Business & Entrepreneurship Academy
- Law & Public Service Academy
Judy Turner | Pathway Business Liaison | 626-396-5600 x82012
- Engineering and Environmental Sciences Academy
- Culinary Hospitality Academy
- Health Careers Academy
- The App Academy
Evidence of College and Career Pathways impact on students can be found on ConnectEd.