Vision and Mission
The Pasadena Educational Foundation (PEF) believes strong schools build strong communities.
For more than 40 years PEF has been committed to building dynamic community partnerships to support the public schools of Altadena, Pasadena, and Sierra Madre. Being a vital part of the community enables PEF to provide essential resources and enrichment opportunities to every public school student in the district. Whether it be through the arts, music, health centers, gardens, or STEM programs the foundation supports, PEF is dedicated to creating a better future for our students and for our community.
Every PUSD student will receive an excellent education so that each may reach his or her full potential and become a joyful and fully engaged member of our democratic society.
Our Mission is to support, enhance and supplement the programs, initiatives and priorities of the PUSD.
Our important work together is making a difference. In 2014, with your support we:
- Achieved another successful growth year for the innovative App Academy at Pasadena High.
- Put on our biggest and best Summer Program yet, serving over 1,500 students.
- Rocked the community at Rock4PEF and Battle of the Bands.
- Helped forge stronger bonds between city and district through Collaborate PASadena.
- Received many impactful grants and helped move forward important district initiatives.
- Presented a very successful installment of Principal for a Day.
- Awarded special grants to our creative teachers for use directly in their classrooms through our Teacher Grants program.
- Realized the dream of having a 3D Printer in every PUSD school.
- Helped create a renewed emphasis on music and arts, through our coordination of the My Masterpieces: Discovering Art in My Community program, and beyond.
PEF is supported by funds from the community.