Vision and Mission
Every PUSD student will receive an excellent education so that each may reach his or her full potential and become a joyful and fully engaged member of our democratic society.
Our Mission is to support, enhance and supplement the programs, initiatives and priorities of the PUSD.
PEF raised a record $11,500,000 for PUSD programs in 2009-10. Some of the program highlights include:
- The Robotics program, coordinated and supported by PEF, is now offered in all middle schools. More than 400 students now learn to build and program LEGO robots, developing important math and computer programming skills.
- PEF's Summer Enrichment program enrolled 938 students, a record number in the Foundation's summer K-12 program.
- Thirty-four students received college scholarships from PEF in the amount of $130,000.
- PEF's Teacher Grant program provides vital resources for teachers and principals to purchase equipment and instructional materials that enhance learning.
- PEF coordinates the Admission Matters workshop to better prepare students and parents for the college application process. PEF also partners with Pasadena City College and the PUSD to host the Fall College Fair with reps from over 70 colleges and universities.
PEF is supported by funds from the community.