Vision and Mission
The Pasadena Educational Foundation (PEF) believes strong schools build strong communities.
For more than 40 years PEF has been committed to building dynamic community partnerships to support the public schools of Altadena, Pasadena, and Sierra Madre. Being a vital part of the community enables PEF to provide essential resources and enrichment opportunities to every public school student in the district. Whether it be through the arts, music, health centers, gardens, or STEM programs the foundation supports, PEF is dedicated to creating a better future for our students and for our community.
Every PUSD student will receive an excellent education so that each may reach his or her full potential and become a joyful and fully engaged member of our democratic society.
Our Mission is to support, enhance and supplement the programs, initiatives and priorities of the PUSD.
Our important work together is making a difference. In 2016, with your support we:
With your help, this year we:
- Raised millions in grant money for our schools
- Awarded Teacher Grants to every PUSD school. A total of 112 grants to teachers plus 11 School-wide Grants
- Renovated the baseball field at Muir High School in partnership with the Dodgers and others
- Secured a $79,500 NEA Grant to create the performing arts program, Open Stage
- Provided scholarships to 40% of our Summer Enrichment Program students
- Led 9,000 students on a cultural and artistic journey through our local world class museums with our My Masterpieces program
- Supported the 3D Printer Programs in every PUSD school
- Showcased our tremendously talented young musicians, at Rock 4 PEF, while raising funds for music programs
- Distributed $63,000 in college scholarships to the Class of 2016
- Supported each school's Annual Fund
- Purchased musical instruments including violins for 3rd graders
- Graduated our first class of computer science students from the four-year App Academy program at PHS
- Planted edible School Community Gardens creating outdoor classrooms
- And more...
We are making our schools and our community stronger. We couldn't do it without you!